OCEAN ADVENTURERS LTD ENVIRONMENTAL & SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
Ocean Adventurers recognises that its operations impact upon the environment and that effective management of the impact is essential for ensuring sustainable business success and playing its part on the impact of the future of the planet.
As such, we are committed to regular monitoring, auditing and reviewing our activities and identifying opportunities for sustainable environmental improvement, in line with our strategic business goals and in order to minimise the potentially harmful effects of such activity.
FULL POLICY BELOW (WHICH HAS BEEN SIGNED ON BEHALF OF COMPANY BY MANAGING DIRECTOR):
Specifically, we promise that we will:
– Comply with all relevant legislation and where appropriate and practicable, exceed these requirements and apply best practice.
– Promote a culture of environmental responsibility and awareness through the management team who are responsible for ensuring the policy is followed and implemented with the support of overall management to ensure a consistent corporate operating standard.
– Promote communication of our environment sustainability initiatives (water reduction, energy reduction, awareness campaign and recycling to guests, employees, contractors and suppliers). As well as harnessing a culture of education to our visitors- including our littlest customers!
– Encourage business partners to carry out their activities in an environmentally responsible manner, and where appropriate, make this a condition for business relationship. We will actively look to source and work with suppliers who have similar importance placed on the environment and will have preferred partners and suppliers who operate best practice.
– Promote and review the impacts on employee and visitor travel look to incentivise customers to travel in environmentally sustainable ways and invest in alternative options such as Electric Vehicle charging points.
– Plan practical and cost-effective water, waste and energy conservation and pollution control measures through energy reduction, water management, effluent management, waste reduction, recycling and diversion from landfill in order to minimize environmental impacts associated with the Group’s operations.
– Encourage regular investments in environmental initiatives such as low carbon and renewable technologies, energy efficiencies projects, improved water management and recycling facilities.
– Measure, monitor and make public our annual carbon emission with set carbon reduction target of becoming Net Carbon Neutral by 2025. Monitor this annually and make steps to reduce the % in line to meeting this target.
– Work with stakeholders to minimize the impact of our products and services by incorporating carbon reduction initiatives in products and services as well as encourage innovative product development, supply chain management and end-of-life recycling.
– Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimize the impact of our activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy at Board level in light of our current and planned future activities to ensure our strategic business growth is sustainable.
Full policy document signed by Tom Filer (Managing Director) available below.